On Friday 24 May, students from the Junior School String Ensemble, Concert Band, Chapel Band and Senior Primary Choir attended a special School’s concert by the Sydney Symphony Orchestra at the City Hall in Newcastle. After the concert the students had a picnic in Civic Park followed by an afternoon of fun music activities in the Newcastle University campus on Hunter St. The activities included; performing with body percussion, score reading and making a trumpet from a hose, mouthpiece and funnel.
Everyone who attended the excursion had a great day and favourite highlights from students include:
- The circus song that the orchestra played –Sophie, Year 3
- Blowing into a hose – Lizzy, Year 3
- Listening to fun music and guessing what the music was about – Gabby, Year 6
- The concert was incredible – Riley, Year 5
- Closing my eyes and listening to all of the instruments playing at once – Giselle Year, 5
- Walking around the uni as though we were Uni students – Lizzy & Chelsea, Year 5
- Seeing the huge double basses that were bigger than the men playing them – Swaye, Year 6
- Being able to sing and dance with the orchestra, not just listen – Ocea, Year 6
Click Here to view the gallery of images.