Vision and Mission
Macquarie College is a centre of Christian education which promotes the holistic development of young people. We aim to optimise the learning potential of all students while building a community of faith which seeks to know, experience and share Jesus Christ.
The educational program offered at Macquarie College is based on a Seventh-day Adventist Christian worldview and more specifically the following philosophical pre-suppositions:
- God is recognised as the personal Creator, Sustainer, and Redeemer of mankind and therefore the Source of all life, knowledge, wisdom and truth.
- God cannot be known by unaided human reason, but has revealed Himself, His nature and purposes through divine revelation. It is recognised that the Bible contains a special revelation of the divine will and thus constitutes the guiding principle in the College’s educational philosophy.
- The standard of ethical behaviour is based upon the moral laws of God and His character of love and leads to a commitment of unselfish and loving concern for all people.
- Beauty and creativity, although marred by the effects of sin, still reflect the handiwork of a Creator-God.
- Each person finds ultimate fulfilment through their relationship with God, other people and the environment.
Therefore, the general purpose of the educational effort of the College is to provide a learning environment which enables each student:
- to grow in his/her relationship with Christ through love, trust and fellowship
- to grow in self-acceptance and understanding of oneself
- to be accepting, tolerant and respectful of others and their needs
- to profit spiritually, intellectually, aesthetically and practically from the natural world while acknowledging a responsibility for the care and protection of its resources and beauties.
In the light of its Educational Philosophy, the College gives priority to the following values:
|Spiritual Life||Respect||Scholarship||Faith and Hope|