The College campus is well serviced by direct bus travel from across the region including:
- The City (Newcastle, Hamilton)
- The West (Wallsend, Jesmond, Rankin Park)
- The South (Belmont Charlestown)
- The Lake (Wangi Wangi, Toronto, Eleebana, Valentine, Warners Bay, Speers Point)
- The Lower Hunter (Cessnock, Kurri Kurri, Maitland, Hexham)
Bus operators servicing Macquarie College are as follows:
|Transport for NSW
Phone 4974 1600
|Newcastle, Eleebana, Charlestown, Valentine, Warners Bay and Belmont|
|Hunter Valley Buses||Phone 4935 7200 for Maryland, Maitland and Wallsend
Phone 4958 2057 for Glendale, West Wallsend, Barnsley and Edgeworth
Phone 4959 1233 for Wangi, and Glendale to Toronto
Phone 4990 1699
The SSTS (School Student Transport Scheme) provides subsidised travel for eligible school students on rail, bus, ferry and long distance coaches. This can only be used for travel between home and school and does not extend to activities such as school excursions, attendance at pre-schools, mini schools, before and after school care or child minding premises. A subsidy is also available for transport to and from school in private vehicles in areas where there is no public transport. Additional information about SSTS and the Codes of Conduct is available at http://www.transport.nsw.gov.au/ and http://www.cityrail.nsw.gov.au/.
Apply online for a travel pass now Click Here
Transport for NSW manages the scheme through its regional offices. Transport operators issue passes to eligible students, and schools liaise with transport providers. A new bus application form (available from our Student Services office) must be completed when a student:
- enrols at the college for the first time
- changes name and/or address
- applies for an additional travel pass in a joint/dual shared parental responsibility situation
- repeats a year
School timetables and maps can be viewed at http://www.newcastlebuses.info/schools
- Type in the school name or choose from the sorted list. Select the bus route that operates to the school, access the timetable and view the maps for those services.
- Alternatively, you can contact the bus operator directly, give them your address and they will inform you of the closest bus stop for your child.
If you have any further enquiries please do not hesitate to contact the Macquarie College office on (02) 4954 6222.