Teacher Aide (K-12) ~ Part-time
Macquarie College is now inviting applications for a part time K-12 Teacher Aide. Suitably qualified applicants with a desire to be part of a data-informed, collaborative teaching team, which is committed to supporting students to achieve their personal best, are encouraged to apply.
The successful applicant will be required to work in partnership with classroom teachers in the implementation of approved Learning Support programs throughout the College.
- Teacher Aide Qualifications. E.g. Certificate III in Education Support or Certificate IV in Education Support or other relevant qualification.
- Experience working with students who have a disability including, but not limited to; mobility, visual impairment and/or students with an Autism Spectrum Disorder.
- A demonstrable commitment to working in the ministry of Adventist Education as defined by the Adventist Schools Australia statement on Special Character
- A current First Aid certificate and WWCC.
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills with students, parents/carers, the broader College community and colleagues.
- A demonstrated commitment to a high standard of personal presentation and professional practice.
- A collaborative team member and a lifelong learner.
Salary is at award rates dependent upon the skills and experience of the successful applicant and as identified by the relevant enterprise agreement. This includes up to 4 weeks accrued annual leave. NB School term break stand down applies.
Superannuation: An employer contribution of 9.5% applies.
Term of position: An initial maximum term contract will apply.
Applications should include a letter of interest, a Curriculum Vitae with reference to key responsibilities, as well as the contact details of three referees.
Please click here to download a Position Description for this role.
Enquiries or clarification regarding the position should be directed to Angela Jackson via the College Reception.
Applications marked ‘Confidential re: Teacher Aide position’, to be forwarded to the Principal by mail
PO Box 517
WALLSEND NSW 2287
or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject: Teacher Aide
Applications close 8.00am Monday 25 November 2019.
There are currently no positions available.
Note: New South Wales Child Protection Legislation requires preferred applicants to be subject to employment screening.